Friday 4 July 1930, US Independence Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yuri Tyukalov and Michel Celaya.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1930 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Yuri Tyukalov: Soviet Olympic rower.
- Michel Celaya: French rugby player, selected 49 times in international events between 1953 and 1961 to play as number 8 (the player's position name).
- George Steinbrenner: American baseball franchise ownerr, the owner of the New York Yankees.
- Bernard Stasi: Reims Politician.
- Ron Casey: Australian journalist and sportscaster.
- Frunzik Mkrtchyan: Armenian actor (d. 1993)
- 43rd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Helen Moody beats Elizabeth Ryan (62 62)
- The dedication of George Washington's head is held at Mount Rushmore.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?