Saturday 4 July 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil-Doll, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1936 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Zdzis?awa Donat: Polish coloratura soprano.
- Roger Osborne: American author of five books about Appalachia: Land of Yesterday (autobiography), The Mountains Wept (autobiographical novel), Pilgrimage To An Appalachian Mining Camp, Voices from Appalachia, and My Mountain Angel.
- Zdzisława Donat: Polish soprano and actress.
- 49th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Hull Jacobs beats H Sperling (62 46 75)
- League of Nations starts sanctions against Italy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?