Thursday 4 July 1940, US Independence Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joost P van Iersel and Walter Greenman.
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1940 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Joost P van Iersel: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Walter Greenman: Horse trainer.
- Jean-Pierre Dubois: French race horse owner, trainer and breeder, and former jockey who twice won the Prix d'Amérique - on High Echelon (1979) and Hymour (1982).
- Günther Kranner: Austrian dancer.
- Karolyn Grimes: American actress.
- Dave Rowberry: English pianist and songwriter (The Animals) (d. 2003)
- Pat Stapleton: Canadian ice hockey player
- British destroys French battle fleet at Oran, Algeria, 1267 die
- German occupiers forbids anti-Nazis speeches
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?