Friday 4 July 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1941 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- James McCourt: American-born gay writer and novelist who was raised in Ireland.
- Richard Phelps: Coach.
- Pierre Brochand: French diplomat who became director of the French Directorate-General for External Security (DGSE).
- Sam Farr: American politician.
- Sergio Oliva: Cuban-American bodybuilder and actor (d. 2012).
- Tomaž Šalamun: Croatian-Slovenian poet and academic (d. 2014)
- Pavel Sedláček: Czech singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Brian Willson: American soldier lawyer and activist
- Antoni ?omnicki: Polish mathematician (Born 1881).
- Latvia partisans shoot 416 Jews dead
- Politburo of Yugoslav communist party reorganizes
- Howard Florey and Norman Heatley meet for the first time, 11 days later successfully recreate penicillin.
- Nazi Germans massacre Polish scientists and writers in the captured Ukrainian city of Lviv.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?