Monday 4 July 1949, US Independence Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joyce Brothers and Bernard Gauthier.
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Armchair Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1949 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Joyce Brothers: Psychologist / author / columnist.
- Bernard Gauthier: French athlete.
- Pascal Garnier: French writer, an author of crime fiction and children's and juvenile literature.
- Alain Glavieux: French professor in electrical engineering at 'École Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications de Bretagne.
- Horst Seehofer: German politician, President of the Bundesrat, the lower house of German parliament, since 2011.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?