Tuesday 4 July 1950, US Independence Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Spitz and Cheryl Troy.
The Flame and the Arrow, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Andy Pandy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1950 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Christian Spitz: French physician, well known radio counselor for young people and consultant in many TV shows of TF1 under the popular name of "Doc.
- Cheryl Troy: American employee at Edgewater Technology in charge of Human Resources Dept.
- Philip Craven: British International Paralympic Committee president.
- David Jensen: Canadian-English radio and television host.
- Tonio K: American singer-songwriter.
- Braves Sid Gordon ties season grand slam record with 4
- Truman signs public law 600 (Puerto Ricans write own constitution)
- US President Harry Truman signs public law 600 (Puerto Ricans can write own consitution).
- The first broadcast by Radio Free Europe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Weavers (Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra)
- Mona Lisa - Victor Young & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cherry)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?