Saturday 4 July 1953, US Independence Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1953 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Francis Maude: English lawyer and politician Minister for the Cabinet Office.
- 60th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Maureen Connolly beats D Hart (86 75)
- Strikes and riots hit coal mining regions in Poland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rusty Draper - Gambler's Guitar
- Oh! - Pee Wee Hunt Orch
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?