Wednesday 4 July 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1956 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Christophe Donner: French writer, journalist, literary critic and filmmaker, also known as Chris Donner.
- Éric Neuhoff: French writer and journalist.
- Mark Belling: American radio talkshow host.
- Patrick Bloche: French politician and a member of the National Assembly of France.
- US most intense rainfall (1.23 inches in one minute) at Unionville, Maryland.
- Independence National Historical Park established in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?