Thursday 4 July 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1957 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- John Machajewski: American police officer who was shot to death while responding to an armed robbery call at a tavern in December 1981.
- Princess Chulabhorn: of Thailand.
- Rein Lang: Estonian politician and diplomat 25th Estonian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Jenny Seagrove: Malaysian-English actress singer and activist.
- Chulabhorn Walailak: Chulabhorn Walailak Thai princess.
- Judy Tyler: Actress (Princess-Howdy Doody), dies at 24 in car crash.
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accepts temporary tax increase
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Sal Mineo - Start Movin' (In My Direction)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?