Friday 4 July 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1958 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Jenny Seagrove: British actress born in Malaysia, the daughter of an Indonesian businessman.
- Kirk Pengilly in Sydney: Australia; rocker (Inxs - "Kiss the Dirt").
- Steve Hartman: American sports radio host.
- Kirk Pengilly: Australian singer and guitarist (INXS).
- Carl Valentine: English-Canadian footballer coach and manager.
- Adolf Herckenrath: Flemish playwright / Poet (Avondvlam), dies at 79.
- 72nd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: A Cooper beats N Fraser (36 63 64 13-11)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?