Tuesday 4 July 1961, US Independence Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Quarter To Three by Gary U.S. Bonds.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1961 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Connie Paraskevin-Young: Detroit, Michigan -- Sprint cyclist (1988, 92, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Richard Allen Garriott: Austin, Texas -- Computer game designer (Origin).
- Andrew Zimmern: Chef.
- Richard Garriott: English-American video game designer created the Ultima series.
- Franklyn Farnum: Dies of cancer at 83.
- Walt Disney is one of the two main speakers on the Independence Day in The Rebuild Hills at Sk?rping in Denmark.
- The Soviet submarine ''K-19'' reactor leak occurs in the North Atlantic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?