Sunday 4 July 1965, US Independence Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Frawley and Shelley Oates.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Monster a-Go Go, directed by Bill Rebane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1965 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- John Frawley: Australia -- Tennis star.
- Shelley Oates: Sydney, NSW -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Suzanne Peta Strudwick: Knutsford, England -- Golfer (1995 British Open-7th).
- Jo Whiley: English radio DJ.
- Horace Grant: American athlete, a basketball forward, a first-round pick out of Clemson in 1987.
- Harvey Grant: American athlete, a basketball forward with the Portland Trailblazers, a first-round draft pick out of Oklahoma in 1988. He was selected by the Washington Bullets and traded to Portland on 6/24/1993.
- Homophile activists picket at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, the first in a series of Annual Reminders of the second-class status of LGBT people in the United States.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 July 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?