Wednesday 4 July 1979, US Independence Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Ring My Bell by Anita Ward.
In UK Are 'Friends' Electric by Tubeway Army was in the top 5 hits.
The Wanderers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1979!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1979 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Josh McCown: Football Player.
- Dumas : Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Siim Kabrits: Estonian politician.
- Kevin Thoms: American actor.
- Mark Twitchell: Canadian murderer.
- Renny Vega: Venezuelan footballer
- Lee Wai Tong: Chinese footballer (Born 1905).
- Algerian ex-President Ben Bella freed
- The first baby is born at Disneyland, Teresa Salcedo, born to Rosa and Elias Salcedo.
- Cape Verde recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Makin' It - David Naughton
- I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?