Friday 4 July 1980, US Independence Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) by Paul McCartney.
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
My Bodyguard, directed by Tony Bill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1980!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1980 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Max Elliott Slade: American film actor.
- Kim Chapiron: French film director of Vietnamese descent (mother).
- Noah Kalina: American photography.
- Carrie Keagan: American television host and actress.
- Max Slade: American actor.
- Kwame Steede: Bermudan footballer
- Maurice Grevisse: Belgian linguist and author (d. 1980).
- Nolan Ryan strikes out Ceasar Geronimo to record his 3000th career strike out.
- Chad and Mali recognize the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Spinners - Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time (Medley)
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?