Monday 4 July 1983, US Independence Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Jorgensen American singer and Andy Mrotek.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Staying Alive, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fun to Imagine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astron Belt or In Search of the Most Amazing Thing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1983 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Ben Jorgensen American singer: guitarist, member of Armor For Sleep.
- Andy Mrotek: American musician.
- Miguel Angel Munoz: Spanish actor and singer.
- Isabeli Fontana: Brazilian model.
- Melanie Fiona: R&B Singer.
- Ben Jorgensen: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Armor for Sleep)
- Amantle Montsho: Botswana sprinter
- Andrew Mrotek: American drummer (The Academy Is...)
- Miguel Muñoz: Spanish actor and singer
- Miguel Pinto: Chilean footballer
- Mattia Serafini: Italian footballer
- Claus Adam: Composer, dies at 65.
- New York Yankees' Dave Righetti no-hits the Boston Red Sox.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 July 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Madness - Our House
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?