Tuesday 4 July 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Oborona Sevastopolya, directed by Vasili Goncharov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 4 July 2006 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 July
- North Korea tests four short-range missiles, one medium-range missile, and a long-range Taepodong-2. The long-range Taepodong-2 reportedly fails in mid-air over the Sea of Japan.
- UFDC rebels attack the Chadian city of Ade and battle the Military of Chad. Both the UFDC and the Déby administration claim to have control over the city, stating that opposing forces have fled. (allAfrica.com)
- A Qassam rocket hits a High school at Ashkelon, an Israeli city with a population exceeding 117,000. The rocket was launched by Hamas militants from the town of Beit Hanun in the northern Gaza strip. (Haaretz)
- The Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' takes off from Cape Canaveral for the International Space Station at 2:38pm EDT (1838 UTC) after its liftoff had been postponed twice. (CNN)
- A bomb scare in the arrivals area of Dublin Airport results in a complete closure of the main building. The man who is responsible for the scare has been arrested he claims to be a member of al-Qaeda. Approximately 9,000 passengers and 50 flights were affected during the two-hour disruption. (Wikinews)
- The International Federation of Phonogram and Videogram Producers sues Yahoo! China for providing links to pirated music tracks. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?