Sunday 4 July 2010, US Independence Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Running Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing APB: All Points Bulletin or Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 4 July 2010 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 July
- Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah: Iraqi-born Lebanese Shiite Muslim cleric and Hezbollah mentor (Born 1935).
- Australia celebrates indigenous culture with NAIDOC Week with the 2010 theme 'Unsung Heroes - Closing the Gap by Leading Their Way'. (NAIDOC)
- Iranian human rights activist Mina Ahadi tries to stop death by stoning for an Iranian woman convicted of adultery. (CNN)
- Lebanese Ayatollah Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah dies suddenly in Beirut. (Xinhua)
- At least 15 people are killed and 48 are injured after the driver of a runaway bus smashes into a concrete wall in the Philippines. (''The Times of India'')
- At least four people are killed and dozens of others are wounded in a bombing at Ramadi's provincial government building. (Aljazeera)
- Women and children march towards Mahmoud al-Zahar's house in Gaza to hand him a letter calling on Hamas to insist on the release of 1,000 Israeli-held Palestinian prisoners during their talks with Israel. (Xinhua)
- President of Brazil Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva takes his last tour of Africa as president. (BBC)
- David Petraeus formally takes command of the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan. (BBC)
- Japan's competitive eating champion Takeru ampquotTsunamiampquot Kobayashi is arrested after disrupting the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in New York City, United States. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Polish voters head to the polls for the second round of presidential voting.
- Jaroslaw Kaczynski initially concedes defeat after exit polls show Bronislaw Komorowski winning, but later withdraws his concession as exit polls show the result narrowing. (BBC)
- Voters in 14 Mexican states states vote to elect governors and mayors. (Sky News)
- Exit polls show the opposition Institutional Revolutionary Party winning in 8 of the 14 states, with a strong showing in mayoral elections. BBC News
- In a referendum, voters in the German state of Bavaria vote to ban smoking at all pubs and restaurants. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Rafael Nadal of Spain wins the men's singles titles at the 2010 Wimbledon Championships. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?