Monday 4 June 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1917 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Allen Greenwood: Deputy CEO (British Aerospace).
- Charles Collingwood: Michigan, United States -- News commentator (CBS, Chronicles).
- Robert Merrill Brooklyn: New York, baritone (New York Metropolitan Opera).
- Bernard Citroën: French businessman, son of André Citroën.
- Howard Metzenbaum: American lawyer, politician, u.s.
- Robert Merrill: American operatic baritone and actor, who was also active in the musical theatre circuit. He received the National Medal of Arts in 1993.
- American men begin registering for the draft
- Order of British Empire inaugurated
- The first Pulitzer Prizes are awarded: Laura E. Richards, Maude H. Elliott, and Florence Hall receive the first Pulitzer for biography (for Julia Ward Howe). Jean Jules Jusserand receives the first Pulitzer for history for his work With Americans of Past and Present Days. Herbert B. Swope receives the first Pulitzer for journalism for his work for the New York World.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Livery Stable Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- For Me and My Gal - Prince's Orchestra
- Poor Butterfly - Charles Harrison
- Poor Butterfly - Fritz Kreisler
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?