Friday 4 June 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nan Leslie in Los Angeles and Robert Earl Hughes.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1926 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Nan Leslie in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Kings Row, The Californians).
- Robert Earl Hughes: American man who became the heaviest known human (d. 1958).
- André-Francis Bigeon: French race horse owner and the father of jockeys Christian and Jean-Luc Bigeon.
- Hamilton Fish: American politician, a congressman who served in the House of Representatives representing his district in New York from 1969-1995.
- Tristan Maya: Arnay le Duc Writer.
- Robert Hughes: American who was the heaviest human being recorded in the history of the world during his lifetime (d. 1958)
- Ain Kaalep: Estonian poet playwright and critic
- Judith Malina: German-American actress and director co-founded The Living Theatre (d. 2015)
- Ignacy Moscicki becomes president of Poland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?