Sunday 4 June 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Young Mr. Lincoln, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1939 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Clark Branson: American author of "Howard Hawks, A Jungian Study," 1987.
- Jeremy Browne: 11th Marquess of Sligo Anglo-Irish peer; member British House of Lords until 1999 (d. 2014).
- Denis de Belleval: Canadian civil servant and politician.
- Henri Pachard: American director and producer (d. 2008).
- George Reid: Scottish journalist and politician 2nd Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament.
- Phil Linz: Baseball shortstop (New York Yankees)
- Tommy Ladnier: American trumpet player (d. 1939).
- Holocaust: The MS St. Louis, a ship carrying 963 Jewish refugees, is denied permission to land in Florida, United States, after already being turned away from Cuba. Forced to return to Europe, more than 200 of its passengers later die in Nazi concentration camps.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?