Tuesday 4 June 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Rudd Moore and Gerrit H Terpstra.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1940 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Dorothy Rudd Moore: Composer.
- Gerrit H Terpstra: Economist / Dutch 2nd Chamber member (CDA).
- John Massis: Flemish strongman and teeth-acrobat.
- David Collings: English actor.
- Ludwig Schwarz: Slovak-Austrian bishop.
- 1st night game at Forbes Field (Pirates 14, Braves 2)
- British complete miracle of Dunkirk by evacuating 300,000 troops
- Winston Churchill says We shall fight on the seas & oceans
- German forces enter Paris, France.
- World War II: The Dunkirk evacuation ends : British forces complete evacuation of 300,000 troops from Dunkirk in France.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 June 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?