Sunday 4 June 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1944 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Charlie Whitney: Rock guitarist (Family).
- Antoine : Madagascaran folksinger.
- Roger Ball: Scottish musician; member of the hit ‘70s rock group, Average White Band.
- Richard Norton-Taylor: British editor, journalist and playwright.
- Michelle Phillips: American singer (The Mamas & the Papas) and actress.
- Alain Rodet: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France representing the Haute-Vienne department, and a member of the Socialiste, radical, citoyen et divers gauche.
- 1st British gliders touches down on French soil for D-Day
- 1st submarine captured and boarded on high seas-U 505
- French general De Gaulle arrives in London
- In Italy, American forces take Rome.
- World War II: A hunter-killer group of the United States Navy captures the German submarine U-505 : the first time a U.S. Navy vessel had captured an enemy vessel at sea since the 19th century.
- Rome falls to the Allies, the first Axis capital to fall.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?