Sunday 4 June 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Whitney and Antoine .
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1944 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Charlie Whitney: Rock guitarist (Family).
- Antoine : Madagascaran folksinger.
- Roger Ball: Scottish musician; member of the hit ‘70s rock group, Average White Band.
- Richard Norton-Taylor: British editor, journalist and playwright.
- Michelle Phillips: American singer (The Mamas & the Papas) and actress.
- Alain Rodet: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France representing the Haute-Vienne department, and a member of the Socialiste, radical, citoyen et divers gauche.
- 1st British gliders touches down on French soil for D-Day
- 1st submarine captured and boarded on high seas-U 505
- French general De Gaulle arrives in London
- In Italy, American forces take Rome.
- World War II: A hunter-killer group of the United States Navy captures the German submarine U-505 : the first time a U.S. Navy vessel had captured an enemy vessel at sea since the 19th century.
- Rome falls to the Allies, the first Axis capital to fall.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?