Monday 4 June 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan "Ironman" Stewart Mickey Thompson off-road champion (1983 and Margaret Impert in Horseheads.
The Way Ahead, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1945 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Ivan "Ironman" Stewart Mickey Thompson off-road champion (1983: 1984, 1990).
- Margaret Impert in Horseheads: New York, USA; actress (Maggie, Spencer's Pilots).
- Anthony Braxton: American composer, musician, and philosopher.
- Daniel Topolski: Writer / photographer / rowing coach.
- Gordon Waller: Scotland, United Kingdom -- Singer (Peter & Gordon-World Without Love).
- Georg Kaiser: German dramatist, primarily seen as an expressionist playwright.
- 6th Marine division occupies Orokoe Peninsula Okinawa
- US, Russia, England and France agree to split occupied Germany
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby (Xavier Cugat Orchestra) - You Belong To My Heart
- Dream (When You're Feeling Blue) - Frank Sinatra
- Johnnie Johnston - Laura
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?