Wednesday 4 June 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain De Greef and John Bailey.
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1947 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Alain De Greef: French former program director of the private TV channel Canal Plus, known for having created "Les Guignols de l'Info" (satirical program).
- John Bailey: American actor and screenwriter (d. 1994).
- Viktor Klima: Austrian businessman and politician 25th Chancellor of Austria.
- Ashok Saraf: Indian actor.
- Louisiana Lady closes at Century Theater NYC after 4 performances
- House of Reps approves Taft-Hartley act
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 June 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?