Sunday 4 June 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Night and the City, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1950 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Wayne Powers in New Rochelle: New York, USA; actor (Laverne and Shirley, 13 East).
- Muriel Cerf: French novemist and travel writer.
- Raymond Dumais: Canadian bishop (d. 2012).
- Dagmar Krause: German singer and pianist (Slapp Happy Henry Cow Art Bears and News from Babel).
- George Noory: American radio host.
- Kevin Woodford: English celebrity chef
- CVP wins Belgian parliamentary election
- Dutch cyclist Wim van Est wins Bordeaux-Paris (586 km in 17:25)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?