Saturday 4 June 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1955 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Val McDermid: Scottish crime writer, best known for a series of suspense novels featuring Dr. Tony Hill.
- Paul Stewart: English writer.
- Mary Testa: American singer and actress.
- Mickey Rooney Show, TV comedy last airs on NBC
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Gisele MacKenzie - Hard To Get
- The McGuire Sisters - Something's Gotta Give
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?