Monday 4 June 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1956 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- John Treacy: Marathoner (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Martin Adams: English darts player.
- John Hockenberry: American journalist and author.
- Terry Kennedy: American baseball player and manager.
- Gerry Ryan: Irish radio and television host (d. 2010).
- Max Kowalski: Composer, dies at 73.
- Speech by USSR leader Nikita Khrushchev blasting Josef Stalin made public.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?