Thursday 4 June 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
They Came to Cordura, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1959 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Anil Ambani: Indian business magnate, investor, and philanthropist.
- Vincent Taupin: French entrepreneur and business executive, the chairman of Banque Edmond de Rothschild since 2013.
- Lord Rayleigh: Agri-businessman ( Farms).
- Paul Taylor: Rocker (Winger-17).
- Rod Connop: CFL corner (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Juan Camacho: Bolivian long-distance runner
- Georgios Voulgarakis: Greek politician 21st Greek Minister for Culture
- Charles Vidor: Director (Gilda, Farewell to Arms), dies at 58.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?