Saturday 4 June 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Kypreos and Cecilia Bartoli.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 4-3-2-1 Hot and Sweet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1966 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Nick Kypreos: Toronto, Ontario -- NHL left wing (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Cecilia Bartoli: Italian coloratura mezzo-soprano opera singer and recitalist.
- Marie-Pierre Dufrene: French ice climber.
- Vladimir Voevodsky: Russian mathematician and academic.
- Bill Wiggin: English politician Shadow Secretary of State for Wales.
- Batman & His Grandmother by Dickie Goodman hits #70
- 98th Belmont: William Boland aboard Amberoid wins in 2:29.6
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 June 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?