Sunday 4 June 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Servais and Simon Sheldon-Collins.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Respect by Aretha Franklin.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Face of Another, directed by Hiroshi Teshigahara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1967 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Scott Servais: La Crosse, Wisconsin -- Catcher (Chicago Cubs).
- Simon Sheldon-Collins: Australian baseball pitcher (1996 Olympics).
- Robert Shane Kimbrough: American astronaut.
- Marie NDiaye: French novelist and playwright.
- Robert Kimbrough: American colonel and astronaut.
- 19th Emmy Awards: Mission Impossible, Monkees, Don Knotts and Lucy Ball
- KTVN TV channel 2 in Reno, NV (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Monkees take home an Emmy for their Outstanding comedy Series
- Stockport Air Disaster: British Midland flight G-ALHG crashes in Hopes Carr, Stockport, killing 72 passengers and crew.
- In Hollywood, California, the 19th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Joey Bishop and Hugh Downs.
- Murderer Richard Speck is sentenced to death in the electric chair for killing eight student nurses in Chicago.
- Six-Day War: Israel occupies the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Sinai peninsula and Golan Heights after defeating its Arab neighbours.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Temptations - All I Need
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?