Wednesday 4 June 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Regi Blinker and Robert Perez.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits.
True Grit, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Johnny Cash Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1969 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Regi Blinker: Soccer player (Feyenoord).
- Robert Perez: Bolivar, Venezuela -- Outfielder (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Tine Moberg-Parker: Oslo, Norway -- Canada Europe class yachter (1996 Olympics).
- Rob Huebel: American actor, comedian and writer best known for his sketch comedy work on the MTV series Human Giant.
- Horatio Sanz: Chilean-American actor producer and screenwriter.
- 22-year-old man sneaks into wheel pod of a jet parked in Havana and survives 9-hr flight to Spain despite thin oxygen levels at 29,000 ft
- Beatles release Ballad Of John andYoko / Old Brown Shoe, in US
- Nicky Hopkins quits rock & rolls, Jeff Beck Group
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?