Thursday 4 June 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everything Is Beautiful by Ray Stevens.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Out of Towners, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1970 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- David Pybus: British musician.
- Katja Hofem-Best: German television executive.
- Gary Lynagh: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Ronnie Harris: NFL wide receiver (Seattle Seahawks).
- Deborah Compagnoni: Italian skier, receiving the Gold Medal in the Slalom G event 2/22/1996.
- Richie Hawtin: English-Canadian DJ and producer
- Dave Pybus: English bass player and songwriter (Anathema Cradle of Filth and Angtoria)
- Izabella Scorupco: Polish-Swedish actress and singer
- Menasha Skulnik: comedian (Menasha the Magnificent), dies at age 78.
- Jopie [Johan A] Pengel: Premier Suriname.
- Sonny Tufts: Actor (Atomic Blonde, 7 Year Itch), dies at 58.
- Hjalmar Schlacht in Munich: Germany; banker, director of the Dresdner Bank (1908-), director of the German National Bank (1916-), currency commissioner in the finance ministry (1923-), head of the Reichsbank (1923-), minister of economics (1934-37).
- 43rd National Spelling Bee: Libby Childress wins spelling croissant
- SD Padres draft Mike Ivie #1
- Tonga (formerly Friendly Islands) declares independence from the UK
- WSMW TV channel 27 in Worcester, MA (IND) begins broadcasting
- Yanks Horace Clarke breaks up a no-hitter in the 9th for the 1st of 3 times in 28 days
- Tonga gains independence from the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Joe Cocker - The Letter
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- Chicago - Make Me Smile
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?