Monday 4 June 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
The Man from Earth, directed by Richard Schenkman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 June 2007 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 June
- The United Nations Environment Programme estimates that 40% of the world population will be affected by the loss of glaciers and snow on the mountains of Asia due to global warming. (UNEP)
- A massive mudflow destroys Eurasia's unique Geyser Valley. (The Independent)
- The United States government arrests ten people, including former Laotian Army general Vang Pao, on charges of organizing a plot to overthrow the Laotian government. (CNN)
- The government of Nigeria sues pharmaceutical company Pfizer for $6.95-billion in damages. (Reuters)
- The Palestinian government agrees on the terms of a cease-fire proposal for Israel.
- Fresh clashes break out between protesters and police in Rostock, Germany prior to the 33rd G8 summit. (AFP via News Limited)
- Cyclone Gonu forces the Government of Oman to evacuate 7,000 people from Masirah Island, off the east coast of Oman. (AP via Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
- A military judge dismisses terrorism-related charges against a Canadian Guantanamo Bay detainee charged with killing a United States Army soldier in Afghanistan. (CNN)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin announces that Russia may consider targeting new sites across Europe with nuclear weapons if part of the United States' nuclear capability is introduced into Europe. (Reuters)
- China publishes its first National Action Plan on Climate Change, expected to cut national carbon emissions by up to 1.5 million metric tons annually by 2010. (Xinhua)
- ''Sri Lankan Civil War:''
- Two Red Cross aid workers are found dead after being detained for questioning by unknown men claiming to be police. (BBC)
- There is heavy fighting in the north of Sri Lanka, with both the Army and the Tamil Tigers claiming that they have inflicted heavy casualties on their opponents. (BBC)
- The war crimes trial of former President of Liberia Charles G. Taylor at the UN-backed Special Court for Sierra Leone begins at The Hague. (The Southern African)
- The London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games unveils the official logo for the 2012 Summer Olympics and 2012 Paralympics, to be held in London, England. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?