Thursday 4 March 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1909 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Casimiro Berenguer: Puerto Rican nationalist who witnessed the Ponce Massacre.
- Harry B Helmsley New York City: New York, billionaire builder (Empire State Building).
- George Edward Holbrook: American chemical engineer (d. 1987).
- Harry Helmsley: American real estate entrepreneur (d. 1997).
- George Holbrook: American chemist and engineer (d. 1987).
- Matt Cvetic: American secret agent with the FBI, leading a double life as a communist party member from February 1943. He worked seven years as an undercover agent until ordered to testify at the Capitol. Under the name of Mr. Stanton, he lived a double life of which even his wife was unaware. When his identify came out, his marriage broke down and his wife left with their two sons.
- President Taft inaugrated as 27th US President during 10-inch snowstorm.
- US prohibits interstate transportation of game birds.
- U.S. President William Taft used what became known as a Saxbe fix, a mechanism to avoid the restriction of the U.S. Constitution's Ineligibility Clause, to appoint Philander C. Knox as U.S. Secretary of State
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harold Jarvis - Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
- That Wasn't All! - Ralph Herz
- Harry Lauder - When I Get Back Again to Bonnie Scotland
- There Never was a Girl Like You - Harry Macdonough
- Sousa's Band - Fairest of the Fair March
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?