Sunday 4 March 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Michaelis and Clyde McCullough.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1917 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Frederick Michaelis: American military admiral in the United States Navy who served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.
- Clyde McCullough: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1982).
- Jeannette Rankin of Montana becomes the first female member of the United States House of Representatives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - Peerless Quartet
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Morton Harvey
- Katinka (Medley) - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?