Sunday 4 March 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Mad Love, directed by Dimitri Buchowetzki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1923 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Piero D'Inzeo: Italian Olympic show jumping rider.
- Ameli : Duchess of Oldenburg.
- Russell Freeburg: former American newspaper editor (Chicago Tribune)and author.
- Willie Johnson: American guitarist (d. 1995).
- Francis King: English author and poet (d. 2011).
- Patrick Moore: British astronomer who has been on TV since the late 1950's. Moore started his astronomy program "The Sky at Night" on 4/24/1957, 10:30 PM, London and has not missed a show as of 2001. He started his career as a pilot and trainer of RAF pilots before moving into the public media. His books and articles on astronomy include some science fiction, a category to which he relegates astrology, "a load of rubbish." Nonetheless, he gives his own data in his book, "Can You Speak Venusian?"
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- You Tell Her - I Stutter - Billy Murray
- Carry Me Back to My Carolina Home - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Journey's End - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Lovin' Sam (Sheik of Alabam') - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?