Wednesday 4 March 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dishonored, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1931 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Mohamed Omari: Algerian-born French boxer, a middleweight.
- Wally Bruner: American journalist and television host (d. 1997).
- Bill Guttridge: English footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Bob Johnson: US hockey coach (Pittsburgh Penguins), dies at 60.
- William Keeler: American cardinal.
- Larry Keith: American actor (d. 2010)
- Alice Rivlin: American economist and politician
- Ernesto Rosenstand: Arubian playwright (Kiko Ta Di Nos?)
- Gennady Rozhdestvensky: Composer
- Han Jansen: Dutch painter
- Bradman bowled by Herman Griffith for a duck as West Indies win the Test
- West Indies beat Australia in cricket for the first time, by 30 runs at Sydney Cricket Ground.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?