Saturday 4 March 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1933 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Unni Bernhoft: Norwegian actress and tobacco store proprietor.
- John W Mills: British sculptor.
- Ann Burton: Dutch jazz singer (d. 1989).
- John Mills: English sculptor and educator.
- Nino Vaccarella: Italian race car driver.
- Louis Viannet: French trade unionist, who was secretary general of the 'Confédération générale du travail' (CGT; English: General Confederation of Labour) from 1992 to 1999.
- Willie Walker: US jazz singer/guitarist ("Dupree Blues"), dies at age 36.
- FDR inaugrated as 32nd pres, pledges to pull US out of Depression and says We have nothing to fear but fear itself
- Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss dissolves Austrian parliament.
- Noordwijk soccer team forms.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt is inaugurated as the 32nd president of the United States.
- By the end of the day, banks in 32 of the 48 US states are closed.
- Frances Perkins becomes United States Secretary of Labor, the first female member of the United States Cabinet.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt declares a Bank Holiday to begin on the following Monday.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?