Saturday 4 March 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John W Mills and Unni Bernhoft.
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1933 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- John W Mills: British sculptor.
- Unni Bernhoft: Norwegian actress and tobacco store proprietor.
- Louis Viannet: French trade unionist, who was secretary general of the 'Confédération générale du travail' (CGT; English: General Confederation of Labour) from 1992 to 1999.
- Ann Burton: Dutch jazz singer (d. 1989).
- John Mills: English sculptor and educator.
- Nino Vaccarella: Italian race car driver
- Willie Walker: US jazz singer/guitarist ("Dupree Blues"), dies at age 36.
- FDR inaugrated as 32nd pres, pledges to pull US out of Depression and says We have nothing to fear but fear itself
- Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss dissolves Austrian parliament.
- Noordwijk soccer team forms.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt is inaugurated as the 32nd president of the United States.
- By the end of the day, banks in 32 of the 48 US states are closed.
- Frances Perkins becomes United States Secretary of Labor, the first female member of the United States Cabinet.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt declares a Bank Holiday to begin on the following Monday.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?