Monday 4 March 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kas Garas and Arild Lund.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1940 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Kas Garas: Kaunas, Lithuania -- Actor (Hamlyn-Strange Report).
- Arild Lund: Norwegian politician for the Conservative Party.
- Alpha Conde: Guinean politician and President of the Rally of the Guinean People (RPG).
- Volodymyr Morozov: Ukrainian flatwater canoer.
- Tom Pedigo: American set decorator (d. 2000).
- Burke : American athlete, Olympic contender of the hammer throw at age 44. During his prior Olympic trials, he was 28, making the team in 1968. After those Mexico City games, heaving a 16-pound ball, he traded in his sweat suit for a business suit, said goodbye to track and went about starting a family and fitting into the corporate world.
- Edward Burke: American Olympic hammer thrower
- David Plante: Providence Writer
- Wolfgang Hoffmann-Riem: German legal scholar and former judge of the Federal Constitutional Court of Germany
- Vladimir Morozov: Ukrainian canoe racer
- Tamara Wilcox: American actress producer and costume designer (d. 1998)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 March 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?