Tuesday 4 March 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Ivan the Terrible, Part I, directed by Sergei Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1947 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Terry Lowry: American newscaster.
- Nicole Calfan: French actress and writer, known for her role in Borsalino, directed by Jacques Deray (1970), with Alain Delon and Jean-Paul Belmondo.
- Greg Guma: American progressive journalist and author.
- Mike Sheahan: Australian journalist and sports television personality.
- Peteris Plakidis: Latvian composer and pianist.
- Gwen Welles: American actress (d. 1993)
- David Franzoni: American screenwriter and producer
- Jan Garbarek: Norwegian saxophonist and composer
- Gunnar Hansen: Icelandic-American actor and screenwriter (d. 2015)
- John Hinch: English Professor of fluid dynamics, Cambridge University
- Aura Lewis: South African singer
- Bob Lewis: American guitarist (Devo)
- Pēteris Plakidis: Latvian pianist and composer
- Kamil Sönmez: Turkish folk singer and actor (d. 2012)
- WWJ (now WDIV) TV channel 4 in Detroit, MI (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Treaty of Dunkirk (coming into effect 8 September) signed between the United Kingdom and France providing for mutual assistance in the event of attack.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?