Friday 4 March 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
East of Eden, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1955 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Tim Costello: prominent Australian Baptist minister and current CEO of World Vision Australia.
- Joey Jones: Welsh professional footballer.
- Dominique Pinon: French actor and singer.
- James Weaver: English race car driver.
- Benny Alexander: Secretary-General (South African Pan-Africanist Movement).
- Rowland Charles: Gould (Boon Gould) English musician (Level 42)
- 1st radio facsimile transmission sent across the continent
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?