Monday 4 March 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1957 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Nicholas Coleridge: English journalist and businessman.
- Jim Dwyer: American journalist and author.
- Ron Fassler: American film and television actor.
- Rick Mast: American race car driver.
- Pius Njawé: Cameroonian journalist (d. 2010).
- Edouard Vermeulen: Belgian fashion designer
- Steve Marocco: American homosexual male, diagnosed with AIDS 7/04/1983. A fashionable New Yorker, he came to San Francisco for treatment in 1988 with his chest entirely covered by Kaposi's Sarcoma scars. He died within the year.
- The S&P 500 stock market index is introduced, replacing the S&P 90.
- Standard amp Poor's first publishes the SampP 500 guide.
- United Kingdom colonies Gold Coast and British Togoland become the independent nation of Ghana.
- Zodi Ikhia founds the Nigerien Democratic Front (FDN) in Niger.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?