Friday 4 March 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reggie McElroy and Russell Todd in Troy.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Can-Can, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1960 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Reggie McElroy: NFL tackle (Denver Broncos).
- Russell Todd in Troy: New York, USA; actor (Dr Jamie Frame - Another World).
- Kazimierz Matuszny: Polish politician.
- Iain Hesford: Zambian-English footballer and coach (d. 2014).
- Mikko Kuustonen: Finnish singer and songwriter.
- John Mugabi: Ugandan boxer
- Thierry Pastor: Algerian-French singer-songwriter
- Christina Sussiek: German long jumper and sprinter
- Mykelti Williamson: American actor and director
- Lucille Ball files for divorce from Desi Arnaz.
- French freighter 'La Coubre' explodes in Havana, Cuba killing 100. Fidel Castro blames the U.S.
- American baritone singer Leonard Warren dies of a massive stroke during a performance of Verdi's La Forza del Destino at the New York's Metropolitan Opera.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?