Sunday 4 March 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Kragen NFL nose tackle (Green Bay Packers and Brant Ian Woodward in Hurstville.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Last Year at Marienbad, directed by Alain Resnais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1962 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Greg Kragen NFL nose tackle (Green Bay Packers: Carolina Panthers).
- Brant Ian Woodward in Hurstville: New Zealand; trap shooter (Olympics-1996).
- Jon Durno: bassist (Roman Holliday).
- Mikko Nissinen: Finnish ballet dancer.
- Greg Kragen: American athlete, pro football player considered one of the best nose tackles in football.
- Simon Bisley: English author and illustrator
- Paul Canoville: English former professional footballer
- Stephan Reimertz: German art historian and novelist
- David Sparrow: English-Canadian actor producer and screenwriter
- Claire Voisin: French mathematician and academic
- The United States Atomic Energy Commission announces that the first atomic power plant at McMurdo Station in Antarctica is in operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Gene McDaniels - Chip Chip
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?