Wednesday 4 March 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emilia Eberle in Romania gymnast and Linda French in Oak Park.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Becket, directed by Peter Glenville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1964 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Emilia Eberle in Romania gymnast: scores a perfect 10 in 1980 Olympics.
- Linda French in Oak Park: Illinois, USA; badminton player (Olympics-1996).
- Tom Lampkin in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; catcher (San Francisco Giants).
- David Colclough: Welsh professional poker player.
- Paul Bostaph: American drummer (Testament, Slayer, Exodus, Forbidden).
- Cheryl Fergison: British actress
- Paolo Virzi: Italian screenwriter and director
- Scott Baker: American journalist and blogger
- Dave Colclough: Welsh computer programmer and poker player
- Brian Crowley: Irish lawyer and politician
- Karen Knowles: Australian singer-songwriter (The Seekers)
- Tom Lampkin: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Paolo Virzì: Italian director and screenwriter
- Jimmy Hoffa, President of the Teamsters, is convicted by a Federal jury of tampering with a Federal jury.
- Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa is convicted by a federal jury of tampering with a federal jury in 1962.
- Constantine II becomes King of Greece, upon the death of his father King Paul.
- Malcolm X, suspended from the Nation of Islam, says in New York City that he is forming a black nationalist party.
- ''New York Times Co. v Sullivan'' (376 US 254 1964): The United States Supreme Court rules that under the First Amendment, speech criticizing political figures cannot be censored.
- The first Ford Mustang rolls off the assembly line at Ford Motor Company.
- Soviet military forces shoot down an unarmed reconnaissance bomber that had strayed into East Germany the 3 U.S. flyers parachute to safety.
- Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr., Ambassador to South Vietnam, wins the New Hampshire Republican primary.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- Dale & Grace - Stop And Think It Over
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- Bobby Goldsboro - See The Funny Little Clown
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?