Saturday 4 March 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Juli Furtado and Juliana Furtado in New York City.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Ruby Tuesday by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1967 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Juli Furtado: NYC, New York -- Mountain cyclist (world champ-1991, 92).
- Juliana Furtado in New York City: New York, USA; mountain cyclist (world champion-1991, 1992, Olympics-10th-1996).
- Fiona Ma: California State Assembly Majority Whip and San Francisco politician.
- Derek Mooney: Irish radio and television personality and radio producer.
- Andrew Osmond: English writer.
- Sam Taylor-Wood: English conceptual artist
- Kubilay Turky?lmaz: former Turkish-Swiss footballer
- Andreas Wistuba: German taxonomist and botanist
- Evan Dando: American musician, lead singer of the alternative rock band "The Lemonheads."
- Hugo Lawick: English-Dutch businessman, the only child of British primatologist Jane Goodall and her husband, the Dutch wildlife filmmaker and photographer Hugo van Lawick. Affectionately nicknamed 'Grub,' he was raised in the African jungle. His infancy was documented in story and photographs by his parents in their book, 'Grub the Bush Baby' (1970). Today he runs an eco-tourism venture in Tanzania where he lives with his wife and three children.
- Sean Lynch: American senior vice president of equity trading at Cantor Fitzgerald Co who was on the 104th floor of the World Trade Center on 9/11/2001 when it was exploded by the impact of a terrorist-driven American Airlines plane. A graduate of Boston college, the 34-year-old executive left his parents, a brother and three sisters.
- Tim Vine: English actor and comedian
- Daryll Cullinan: South African cricketer and coach
- Ivan Lewis: English lawyer and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
- Terry Matterson: Australian rugby player and coach
- Dave Rayner: English racing cyclist (d. 1994)
- Kubilay Türkyilmaz: Turkish-Swiss footballer
- Ice Dance Championship at Vienna won by Towler and Ford (GRB)
- Ice Pairs Championship at Vienna won by Belousova and Protopopov (USSR)
- Worlds Ladies Fig Skating Champion in Vienna won by Peggy Fleming (US)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
- Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?