Monday 4 March 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1968 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Shafiek Abrahams: South African cricket player.
- Jorge Celedon: Colombian musician and singer.
- Giovanni Carrara: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Jorge Celedón: Colombian singer (Binomio de Oro de América).
- Cathryn Fitzpatrick: Australian cricketer.
- Dionna Harris: Wilmington, Delaware -- Softball outfielder (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Kyriakos Mitsotakis: Greek politician
- Graham Westley: English footballer and manager
- Patsy Kensit: English actress
- Dinky van: Rensburg in South Africa; tennis star.
- Brian Hunter in Torrance: California; infielder (Seattle Mariners, Houston Astros).
- Alexandre Cellier: Composer, dies at 84.
- Orbiting Geophysical Observatory 5 launched
- Martin Luther King Jr announces plans for Poor People's Campaign.
- Joe Frazier TKOs Buster Mathis in 11 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- The Association - Everything That Touches You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?