Tuesday 4 March 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
I Am Curious (Yellow), directed by Vilgot Sjman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1969 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Annie Shizuka Inoh: Taiwanese actress.
- Jason Townsend: American artist and record producer.
- Karrie Poppinga in Manhattan Beach: California, USA; volleyball player (Pismo Beach-4-1995).
- Kenneth Benson: Canadian Football League linebacker (Toronto Argonauts).
- Lacy Rose: American pornographic actress.
- Jeff Tinsley in Shelbyville: Kentucky, USA; outfielder (Boston Red Sox).
- Pierluigi Casiraghi: Italian footballer and manager
- Frank Nicotero: American comedian and game show host
- Stina Nordenstam: Swedish pop singer and musician
- Patrick Roach: Canadian actor and producer
- Matt Tilley: Australian radio personality and comedian
- Annie Yi: Chinese singer, writer and actress
- Dawn Zulueta: Filipino actress
- Chaz Bono: American noted family, the daughter of Cher and Sonny Bono. When her folks divorced in 1975, her mom had legal custody of her but she was always allowed to spend time with both parents. Sonny made a point of living nearby in order that she had free access to see him. Shielded from the glare of publicity during her growing-up years, she graduated from the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute in 1987 and went to the New York University Tisch School of the Arts.
- Nicholas Schenck: Russian-born film empresario (Born 1881).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- Smokey Robinson - Baby, Baby Don't Cry
- The Doors - Touch Me
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?