Thursday 4 March 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fergal Lawler and Edwin van.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
THX 1138, directed by George Lucas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Sendung mit der Maus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1971 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Fergal Lawler: Irish drummer (The Cranberries).
- Edwin van: Holten; soccer player (FC Volendam).
- Anders Kj?lholm: Danish bass player (Volbeat).
- Jovan Stankovic: Serbian footballer.
- Iain Baird: Canadian soccer player and manager.
- Claire Baker: Scottish politician
- Anders Kjølholm: Danish bass player (Volbeat)
- Satoshi Motoyama: Japanese race car driver
- Shavar Ross: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- Jason Sellers: American country music artist
- Nick Stabile: American actor
- Jovan Stanković: Serbian footballer and coach
- City Command kidnaps 4 US military men at Ankara, Turkey
- "City Command" kidnaps four US military men at Ankara, Turkey.
- The southern part of Quebec, and especially Montreal, receive 16½quot (42ampnbspcm) of snow in what becomes known as the Century's Snowstorm (''la tempête du siècle'').
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?