Monday 4 March 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1974 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Jarrett Deuling: Vernon, British Columbia -- NHL left wing (NY Islanders).
- Peggy Clydesdale: American artist and painter.
- Mladen Krstajic: Serbian footballer.
- Virginijus Praskevicius: Lithuanian basketball player.
- Gabriel o Pensador: Brazilian hip hop rapper.
- Karol Kucera in Bratislava: Slovakia; tennis star (1995-Rosmalen).
- Sherry Wigginton in Austin: Texas, USA; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Crowbar : American professional wrestler
- Kim Jung-eun: South Korean actress and singer
- Mladen Krstajić: Serbian footballer and manager
- Karol Kučera: Slovak tennis player
- Ariel Ortega: Argentinian footballer
- Gabriel Pensador: Brazilian rapper
- Tommy Phelps: South Korean-American baseball player and coach
- ICS Vortex: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Arcturus and Borknagar)
- David Wagner: American tennis player and educator
- Bill Young: Australian rugby union footballer
- People magazine is published for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- David Essex - Rock On
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?